Beyond our mission of being a world-class, one-of-a-kind luxury resort lies something infinitely more important, our responsibility to safeguard the precious environment that surrounds us.
Every decision we make and action we take must align with our calling to be stewards of the land, guardians of the Lake, and sincere, difference-making corporate citizens of the communities in which we operate.
And our credo is a simple one:
To continually minimize our environmental footprint and ensure that this pristine area is just as pristine for those who come after us, as it was for those who came before us.
Key Environmental Initiatives
- Removal and treatment of 500,000 lbs. of sediment per year from Lake Tahoe via enhanced wetlands and deepened filtration settling ponds.
- Realignment and daylighting of Edgewood Creek to provide passage and spawning habitat for native fish.
- Acquisition and demolition of several obsolete and environmentally unsustainable properties, restoring the land to its natural state, and even creating a neighborhood park on one site.
- An extensive annual fertilizer management plan has been implemented to ensure the protection of natural water sources and environmentally sensitive areas on the golf course.
- The construction of complex infiltration basins and high flow pretreatment and membrane filtration systems to treat storm water before discharging into the natural stream system.