Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT DATES DO YOU HAVE OPEN?
Please call or email us for available dates.
2. CAN I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO COME VIEW THE FACILITY?
Yes, we are available 7 days a week to show the facility during business hours.
3. DO YOU HAVE A DAY OF WEDDING COORDINATOR?
Edgewood does not provide a coordinator, and we do not feel they are necessary, but can refer you to one. We do have an Event Manager on site to oversee the details of your wedding.
4. HOW MUCH IS THE AVERAGE WEDDING?
There are several variables that influence the average price for your event. Please contact us for more information and a consultation.
5. HOW DO I SECURE A DATE AT YOUR FACILITY?
After a complimentary one-week hold, we will require a signed Events Policies form, along with the deposit to secure a date. The deposit can be made with Visa, MasterCard or Check payable to Edgewood Tahoe.
6. DO YOU HAVE A BRIDAL CHANGING ROOM?
We have a Bridal Changing room for the Brides, which you have access to one hour prior to event start time, as well as throughout your reception.
7. HOW EARLY CAN I ARRIVE THE DAY OF MY WEDDING?
You, along with your vendors, can arrive one hour prior to your event start time.
8. DO YOU HAVE A PROJECTOR AND SCREEN?
Yes. We have a flat screen TV with DVD player or a projector, media cart and 7x7 screen, if requested. We charge $100.00 each for use of this set up.
9. DO YOU HAVE ANY SOUND EQUIPMENT?
Edgewood does not provide any sound equipment.
10. HOW CAN I FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH MY BAR BILL WILL BE?
All bar charges are based on consumption, and Edgewood will provide you with an estimate based on what you decide to serve.
11. WHERE DOES THE COCKTAIL HOUR TAKE PLACE?
On the outside patios of your banquet room as well as inside the reception room.
12. CAN I SUPPLY MY OWN LIQUOR?
We allow only wine & Champagne to be brought in, and we charge a corkage fee of $20.00 plus gratuity for each 750ml. bottle.
13. WHAT VEGETARIAN OPTIONS DO YOU HAVE?
Included on buffet and banquet dinner menus.
14. CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS?
15. DO YOU ALLOW OUTSIDE CATERING?
16. DO YOU PROVIDE FOOD TASTINGS?
We do not offer formal food tastings, but after booking with us, we will provide you with a $100.00 Voucher to dine in the Edgewood Restaurant. You will order off the regular dinner menu, not the buffet & banquet menus, however, all of the food is prepared by the same kitchen. This is meant to give you a good idea of the quality, presentation and style of the chef. You will also be given tastings of our House wine, House Champagne & House Keg Beers when you use the voucher.
17. DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH PARKING?
We have two large parking lots as well as a valet option. On weekends, we may reserve parking for your guests and provide them transportation.
18. DO YOU PROVIDE A SHUTTLE SERVICE?
Edgewood does not have a shuttle service. Please see vendor list.
19. DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE WEDDING GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME?
We have two banquet rooms. The South Room can be booked twice on any given day. We do not book two weddings at the same time, but they can overlap.
20. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE YOU ABLE TO SEAT ON THE NORTH DECK, NORTH ROOM LAWN AREA AND/OR THE SOUTH DECK/SOUTH BEACH FOR THE WEDDING CEREMONY?
The North Deck can seat 130 people on the deck, the North Room lawn area can seat 200+ and the South Deck/South Beach can seat 100 people.
21. WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS, IF I AM PLANNING ON AN OUTSIDE WEDDING CEREMONY?
If it rains, we can set up your ceremony inside the same room as your reception. After your ceremony is over you and your guests will walk out into the lobby area, where we will start your cocktail reception while our staff is rearranging the tables & chairs for the reception. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
22. ARE WE ABLE TO CHOOSE OUR OWN OUTSIDE VENDORS OR DO WE HAVE TO USE YOUR LIST?
We allow you to bring in outside vendors. Our vendors list serves as recommendations. It is not a required list of vendors.
23. HOW SOON DO I HAVE TO PICK UP MY THINGS THAT WERE LEFT BEHIND AFTER THE WEDDING?
We ask that all items left behind be picked up the day after your wedding.
24. WHERE ARE WE ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES?
You may take pictures in the garden area directly in front of the Clubhouse entrance, the flag pole island across from the main entrance, on the beach in front of your specific Banquet room, and the decks surrounding your room only.
25. DO YOU HAVE REFRIGERATION STORAGE FOR FLOWERS/CAKE?
No. We have limited refrigeration space, so we cannot store flowers or cakes.
26. DO WE GET FREE GOLF IF WE BOOK WITH EDGEWOOD?
If a wedding group books 8 players or more, the groom plays for free. If 16 players or more, the Bride & Groom both play for free. We offer free rental clubs for wedding groups.
27. DOES MY DEPOSIT GO TOWARD THE FINAL BILL?
Yes, the deposit you pay to secure the room is applied to the final bill.
28. DO YOU OFFER REHEARSAL TIMES BEFORE THE WEDDING?
We offer rehearsal times in the mornings at 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00am, typically the day before your wedding.
29. WHEN IS OUR ESTIMATED PAYMENT AND GUARANTEED GUEST COUNT DUE?
Your estimated payment is due 3 weeks prior to your wedding, and the final guaranteed guest count is due 3 days prior.